Offshore Structured Products
To enhance the transparency of offshore structured products market and better protect the interests of investors, the Financial Supervisory Commission promulgated the Regulations Governing Offshore Structured Products on July 23, 2009 and instructs TDCC to construct an information transmission system (https://structurednotes.tdcc.com.tw) (referred to as the “System” hereunder), through which, issuers/master agents can report and post related information.
Reporting and Posting Operation
- Where the product is not limited specifically to professional investors for trust investment or sales, the issuer/master agent shall post relevant information at least two business days before the sale of product starts.
- Issuers/master agents shall, on each business day, report the names of offshore structured products that they issue or distribute and the aggregate amounts of 132 confirmed purchases or redemptions on the previous business day via the System.
- Issuers/master agents shall post on each business day the reference prices on the offshore structured products they issue or distribute via the System.
- Issuers/master agents shall produce monthly reports for the offshore structured products they issue or distribute in a format and with the content prescribed by the FSC, and within 10 days after the end of each month, report the same information to the FSC and the Central Bank via the System.
- Issuers/master agents shall post the latest CPA-audited financial report of the issuer and its Chinese translation via the System.
- When the product an issuer/master issues or distributes has an event that requires posting in accordance with the Regulations Governing Offshore Structured Products, the issuer/master agent shall post the type of information, name of issuer/guarantee institution/product, information of the reporting party, date of event, and the nature of the event via the System.
- Issuers/master agents shall upload the electronic files of the product prospectus and investor brochure onto the System during the prescribed time period.
- Issuers/master agents should post information on the dividends on a product via the System. ,
(Chinese version only)